Insight from a Florida Truck Accident Attorney
Commercial trucks are extremely large, heavy vehicles that can cause severe damage in an accident. These drivers are under a serious amount of pressure to transport goods from point A to point B, often resulting in a higher risk for collisions. Because of this, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has put several regulations in place to keep the roads safe and reduce the chance of accidents from occurring.
When truck drivers violate these regulations, it can put themselves and others on the road in danger. If you believe your truck accident was caused by such negligent actions, you are encouraged to call The Pittman Firm, P.A. today. Their Florida injury attorney has 30+ years of experience and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
Have a truck driver’s violations caused you suffering? Reach out to the firm now at (850) 764-0383.
What Regulations Does the FMCSA Enforce?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is focused on helping prevent catastrophic truck accidents across the country. Whether in Florida or in New Mexico, they enforce strict regulations designed to keep trucks safe and their drivers alert.
- Some of the main regulations enforced include:
- Alcohol and drug use – Compared to the .08 limits normal drivers have, truck drivers face a much stricter BAC of .04. If over, they can be charged and face serious consequences.
- Weight, length, and size limits – There are federal weight limits that impact how much a truck can carry. This helps ensure a load doesn’t get out of control or cause a tire blowout.
- Road worthiness of a vehicle – There are minimum inspection standards that commercial trucks must meet. Failing to do so can lead to liability in an accident.
- Hours of service – Truck drivers spend so much time on the road that the FMCSA has created limits on how long their breaks must be, how many hours of sleep they must get, and how many hours straight they can drive. This helps curb drowsy or tired driving.
Unfortunately, these regulations are violated far too often, putting the individuals they were meant to protect at risk. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a truck accident due to regulation violations, now is the time to call on the seasoned truck accident lawyer at the firm.
The Pittman Firm, P.A. is ready to help. Start with a free case evaluation today.